Pizza is a universally loved food, but have you ever tried it in waffle form? Let me tell you, it's AMAZING! Waffle pizzas are the perfect combination of crispy waffles and melty cheese, with endless options for fun pizza fillings.
These delicious finger foods are perfect for any meal of the day, and can even make a great lunch box option for every pizza lover!
- What Are Waffle Pizzas?
- Using a Waffle Iron to Make Waffle Pizzas
- Endless Toppings and Fillings
- Wouldn't Sauce Make A Mess?
- How To Make Waffle Pizzas - Complete How-To Guide
- Instructions To Make Waffle Pizzas
- Serving Tips
- Also Check Out:
- the best use for leftover mashed potatoes: air fryer tacos!
- how to make the best instant pot spaghetti
- how to cook an air fryer hamburger
- how to make easy mac and cheese with broccoli
- insanely easy shredded chicken taco recipe for the instant pot
- Your New Favorite Meal: Waffle Pizzas
What Are Waffle Pizzas?
A waffle pizza is exactly what it sounds like—a pizza made in a waffle iron!
Biscuit dough is used as the crust and are topped with sauce, cheese, and any additional toppings or fillings that you desire.
Using a Waffle Iron to Make Waffle Pizzas
The key to making waffle pizzas is using a waffle iron. Most people think of waffle irons as a tool for making breakfast waffles, but they can be used for so much more!
Endless Toppings and Fillings
One of the best things about waffle pizzas is that the topping options are endless. You can use any toppings that you would normally put on a traditional pizza, or you can get creative and come up with your own unique combinations. Here are a few ideas to get you started:
- Margherita: If you're looking for something a little lighter, try a margherita waffle pizza. Stuff your waffle with fresh mozzarella, and fresh basil. Dip in tomato sauce.
- BBQ Chicken: For a sweeter, tangier pizza, try a BBQ chicken waffle pizza. Stuff your waffle with shredded chicken, red onion, and cheddar cheese. Dip in BBQ sauce.
- Veggie: If you're a vegetarian, you can still enjoy waffle pizzas. Stuff your waffle with diced mushrooms, diced bell peppers, diced olives, and your favorite cheese. Dip in tomato sauce.
- Hawaiian: This pizza is sure to be a hit with pineapple lovers. I love it! Stuff your waffle with ham, pineapple chunks, and mozzarella cheese. Dip in tomato sauce!
Wouldn't Sauce Make A Mess?
The idea of loading up a waffle pizza with sauce & throwing it in the waffle iron sounds like a disaster waiting to happen, which is why I leave the sauce out until the end.
I like to dip my waffle pizzas in my choice of marinara sauce to save myself the mess!
How To Make Waffle Pizzas - Complete How-To Guide
These waffle pizzas are perfect for those days when you want something tasty but don't want to spend much time in the kitchen cooking.
They only take about 10 minutes to prepare, so you won’t have to wait long before you get your first cheesy bite!
- Buttermilk Biscuit Dough
- Shredded Mozzarella Cheese
- Pepperoni (optional)
- Salted Butter
- Garlic Powder
- Marinara Sauce
See recipe card for quantities.
Instructions To Make Waffle Pizzas
This is a step-by-step tutorial on how to make these delicious waffle pizzas. The recipe is super simple, and you can whip it up in no time!
Heat your waffle iron to the highest setting. Open the can of biscuits & flatten out each round of dough.
Set aside 4 of the 8 dough rounds & sprinkle cheese on them.
Add your desired "toppings". In this recipe I use pepperoni. Top it off with more cheese.
Take the dough rounds that you set aside & using your fingers or a fork crimp them to the other rounds making little pizza pockets.
Depending on the size of your waffle iron, place 1-2 of the pizza pockets in the iron & close it.
Cook for 4-5 minutes or until the dough is golden brown & cooked through.
While the waffle pizzas are cooking, melt your butter in the microwave with the garlic powder.
Once you remove your waffle pizzas from the waffle iron, brush the butter mixture on top.Serve immediately with marinara sauce & enjoy!
There are a few ways to enjoy these delicious waffle pizzas, but I'm gonna share my favorite way with you.
Using a knife or a pizza cutter, simply cut the waffles into 4 triangles. This makes it so much easier to dip the waffle pizzas in the marinara sauce.
Also Check Out:
What's the best use for leftover mashed potatoes? A super easy (and delicious) recipe for air fryer tacos made with leftover mashed potatoes!
Making instant pot spaghetti is a quick and easy way to enjoy a delicious meal that is perfect for beginners!
Cooking an air fryer hamburger is a healthy and quick way to enjoy this classic American meal any day of the week!
This easy mac and cheese with broccoli is made with simple ingredients and packed with flavor, this dish is sure to become a family favorite!
This 2-ingredient shredded chicken taco recipe for the Instant Pot comes together in less than 5 minutes and is seasoned to perfection!
- 1 can of buttermilk biscuit dough. (should make 8 biscuits)
- Shredded mozzarella cheese
- Pepperoni *see notes*
- Salted butter
- Garlic powder
- Marinara sauce
- Heat your waffle iron to the highest setting. Open the can of biscuits & flatten out each round of dough.
- Set aside 4 of the 8 dough rounds & sprinkle cheese on them.
- Add your desired "toppings". In this recipe I use pepperoni. Top it off with more cheese.
- Take the dough rounds that you set aside & using your fingers or a fork crimp them to the other rounds making little pizza pockets.
- Depending on the size of your waffle iron, place 1-2 of the pizza pockets in the iron & close it.
- Cook for 4-5 minutes or until the dough is golden brown & cooked through.
- While the waffle pizzas are cooking, melt your butter in the microwave with the garlic powder.
- Once you remove your waffle pizzas from the waffle iron, brush the butter mixture on top.Serve immediately with marinara sauce & enjoy!
* You can skip adding pepperoni or add your choice of toppings here!
- Prep Time: 5 minutes
- Cook Time: 5 minutes
- Category: 15 minute recipes
- Method: waffle iron
Keywords: waffle pizzas