Fall is right around the corner, and I'm excited to share a delicious and unique fall recipe: Pasta with a Savory Pumpkin Sauce! It's like autumn in a bowl, and the best part? It's quick and easy, perfect for those hectic days when cooking feels like a chore!
- The Essentials: What You'll Need for This Pumpkin Pasta Sauce
- Pasta Perfection: Nailing the Art of Al Dente
- Dressing Up Your Pasta with Savory Pumpkin Sauce
- How To Make This Pasta With A Savory Pumpkin Sauce: A Complete How-To Guide
- Other Fall Recipes From Dinner Cult To Try Now
- The best moist pumpkin bread recipe for fall
- Your new favorite banana bread mug cake
- An epic hand pie with the best caramelized onion recipe
- How to make a cinnamon roll in the microwave
- A Unique Fall Recipe: Pasta With A Savory Pumpkin Sauce
The Essentials: What You'll Need for This Pumpkin Pasta Sauce
For my epic pasta with savory pumpkin sauce, you'll need a few staples like pasta, olive oil, garlic, Alfredo sauce, white wine, heavy cream, thyme, Italian cheese mix, chili flakes, Italian sausage, and onion. But the real star of the show? The canned pumpkin puree, of course!
Pasta Perfection: Nailing the Art of Al Dente
Now, let's talk pasta—the canvas for our flavor masterpiece. Get a big pot of water boiling, and don't forget to salt it generously; this is your chance to infuse flavor from the start.
After cooking, save a cup of that pasta water before draining. Trust me, it's liquid gold that can work wonders later for adjusting the sauce's consistency if needed.
Dressing Up Your Pasta with Savory Pumpkin Sauce
Toss that perfectly cooked pasta into the skillet with my savory pumpkin sauce. Mix it up, making sure that every single noodle is coated in that dreamy sauce. If things get a tad too thick, remember that reserved pasta water! It's your secret weapon to perfect consistency. Add in a little at a time until the sauce reaches your desired consistency.
How To Make This Pasta With A Savory Pumpkin Sauce: A Complete How-To Guide
Measurements in the recipe card.
- Pasta of your choice
- Pumpkin puree
- Alfredo sauce
- Heavy cream
- White wine
- Red chili flakes
- Salt & pepper
- Fresh thyme
- Italian cheese blend
- Italian hot sausage
- White onion
Start by cooking the meat in a pan on medium heat. Add in the onion and garlic, and cook until the onions are translucent.
Add the pumpkin puree, heavy cream, and white wine. Bring to a simmer.
Now season the sauce with the red chili flakes, salt, and pepper. Mix well.
Next, pour in the Alfredo sauce and add the Italian cheese blend. Mix until everything is fully combined and the cheese is melted. Add in the noodles, mix, top with thyme, and serve!
Other Fall Recipes From Dinner Cult To Try Now
What better way to celebrate fall than with a slice of the most mind-blowing, moist pumpkin bread with a secret ingredient?
Not sure about you, but I love banana bread. What I don't love is the effort required to make it. So, I made this delicious banana bread mug cake recipe!
Take any grilled cheese or hand pie recipe to the next level with this delicious caramelized onion recipe!
This is my favorite cinnamon roll in the microwave recipe! It has layers of delicious dough, cinnamon yumminess, and cream cheese frosting!
If you’ve given my Pasta with a Savory Pumpkin Sauce a try, I would be so grateful if you would rate the recipe with a star rating and let me know what you think in the comments below!Print
- 1 lb. of pasta of choice
- 1 lb. of hot Italian sausage
- 1 cup pumpkin puree
- 1 (15 oz) jar of Alfredo sauce
- 1 cup whole milk
- ½ cup white wine
- 1 (8 oz) bag of shredded Italian cheese blend
- ½ white onion, diced
- 2 cloves of garlic, minced
- Fresh thyme
- Red pepper flakes
- Salt & pepper
- Start by cooking the meat in a pan on medium heat. Add in the onion and garlic, and cook until the onions are translucent.
- Add the pumpkin puree, heavy cream, and white wine. Bring to a simmer.
- Now season the sauce with the red chili flakes, salt, and pepper. Mix well.
- Next, pour in the Alfredo sauce and add the Italian cheese blend. Mix until everything is fully combined and the cheese is melted. Add in the noodles, mix, top with thyme, and serve!
- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Cook Time: 20 minutes
- Category: 30 minute recipes
- Method: stove
- Cuisine: American
Keywords: Pumpkin Sauce