If you are a mashed potato lover, gather 'round because I'm about to share the easiest mashed potato recipe ever! You'll have the mouthwatering aroma of garlicky mashed potatoes wafting through your kitchen without breaking a sweat, thanks to the superhero of the kitchen—instant mashed potatoes! I know, I know, instant what?! Stick with me, and I promise you'll be the Thanksgiving hero.
- Unleashing the Power of Instant Potatoes
- Garlic Unleashed: Mastering the Art of Infusion
- Creamy Bliss: Elevating Your Mash Game
- Elevating Flavor with Fresh Herbs
- How To Make The Best Garlicky Mashed Potatoes: A Complete How-To Guide
- Other Potato Recipes To Try Out:
- An easy recipe with marshmallow fluff: s'mores roll
- The best use for leftover mashed potatoes: air fryer tacos!
- How to make a cinnamon roll in the microwave
- How to make a microwave baked potato
- The BEST Garlicky Mashed Potatoes You Will Ever Make!
Unleashing the Power of Instant Potatoes
Instant mashed potatoes are about to become your secret weapon. They're the unsung heroes of the kitchen, and with a little love, we're turning them into the canvas for our garlicky masterpiece. Who said Thanksgiving had to be all stress and no fun?
Garlic Unleashed: Mastering the Art of Infusion
We will not be settling for garlic powder here. We're going all in with the real deal—fresh garlic. The cloves will infuse your instant mashed potatoes with garlicky goodness that will have your guests going back for thirds. All you need to achieve the best garlic infusion is garlic and butter. That's it!
Creamy Bliss: Elevating Your Mash Game
We're diving into the creamy, dreamy world of mashed potatoes, and we're doing it in style. Butter, milk, cheese, sour cream—we're throwing in all the good stuff to make these taters velvety smooth and downright irresistible.
Elevating Flavor with Fresh Herbs
Herbs are such an easy way to completely transform your mashed potatoes. Rosemary and thyme will turn them into a whole new level of YUM.
How To Make The Best Garlicky Mashed Potatoes: A Complete How-To Guide
- Instant mashed potatoes
- Cheddar cheese
- Sour cream
- Salted butter
- Salt and pepper
- Fresh rosemary
- Fresh thyme
In a pan, heat water until it comes to a boil. In a separate pan, melt the butter and add the garlic. Cook until the garlic is fragrant, about 30–40 seconds.
When the water is boiling, add the instant potatoes and whisk until they fluff up into mashed potatoes.
Once the mashed potatoes are fully combined, add in all of the garlic and the butter. Mix until the garlic is fully combined.
Mix in the cheese, milk, sour cream, salt, pepper, and herbs. Top with more fresh herbs and a piece of butter. Serve and enjoy!
Other Potato Recipes To Try Out:
This twist combines a s'more with the comfort of a pastry. This recipe with marshmallow fluff is easy and can be made in your microwave!
What's the best use for leftover mashed potatoes? A super easy (and delicious) recipe for air fryer tacos made with leftover mashed potatoes!
This is my favorite cinnamon roll in the microwave recipe! It has layers of delicious dough, cinnamon yumminess, and cream cheese frosting!
When it’s baked potato night but you’re short on time, a microwave-baked potato is a lifesaver and tastes like it took all night to make!
If you’ve given my Garlicky Mashed Potatoes a try, I would be so grateful if you would rate the recipe with a star rating and let me know what you think in the comments below!Print
- 1 4oz package of buttery homestyle instant Idahoan Mashed Potatoes
- Water *see notes*
- 2-4 cloves of garlic, depending on preference
- ¼ cup shredded cheddar cheese
- ¼ cup sour cream
- 2.5 tbsp. milk
- 4 tbsp. butter (3 tbsp. for garlic butter, 1 tbsp. for serving)
- Salt and pepper
- 2 tsp. fresh thyme
- 2 tsp. fresh rosemary
- In a pan, heat water until it comes to a boil. In a separate pan, melt the butter and add the garlic. Cook until the garlic is fragrant, about 30–40 seconds.
- When the water is boiling, add the instant potatoes and whisk until they fluff up into mashed potatoes.
- Once the mashed potatoes are fully combined, add in all of the garlic and the butter. Mix until the garlic is fully combined.
- Mix in the cheese, milk, sour cream, salt, pepper, and herbs. Top with more fresh herbs and a piece of butter. Serve and enjoy!
* water measurement is based on the cooking instructions from the mashed potato package
- Prep Time: 3 minutes
- Cook Time: 7 minutes
- Category: easy
- Method: skillet
- Cuisine: American
Keywords: Garlicky Mashed Potatoes