Monkey bread has long been celebrated for its sticky, cinnamon-infused pull-apart sweetness. But why limit ourselves to just the sweet side of this doughy wonder? This recipe for easy monkey bread garlic knots are the perfect blend of comfort & sophistication, ideal for impressing guests, satisfying snack cravings, or enhancing your favorite pasta dishes.
- Let's Talk About Monkey Bread
- The Key To Savory Success: Essential Ingredients For This Recipe For Easy Monkey Bread Garlic Knots
- To Make This Recipe For Easy Monkey Bread Garlic Knots, You Will Need The Following Ingredients:
- Transforming Dough into Garlicky Bliss: How To Make This Recipe For Easy Monkey Bread
- Also Check Out These Yummy Bread Recipes:
- Apple Chai Monkey Bread
- Healthy Honey Chocolate Banana Bread
- Zucchini Bread with Maple Glaze
- The Tastiest Recipe For Easy Monkey Bread Garlic Knots
Let's Talk About Monkey Bread
Before I unravel the secrets of my easy garlic knots, let's savor the essence of monkey bread.
Originating in the United States, this delightful treat first captivated taste buds in the 1950s & has since become a beloved classic.
Traditionally, monkey bread is a sticky, sweet pastry made by rolling bite-sized dough balls in a cinnamon-sugar coating & baking them together to create a luscious, pull-apart texture.
Now, picture infusing that fluffy dough with the robust flavors of garlic, fragrant herbs, & salted butter—a mouthwatering transformation that will transport your taste buds to new heights of culinary pleasure. The soft, pillowy texture of monkey bread combined with the savory allure of garlic creates a harmonious symphony of flavors that will leave you yearning for more. & the best part? My easy monkey bread garlic knots are even easier to prepare than their sweet counterpart.
The Key To Savory Success: Essential Ingredients For This Recipe For Easy Monkey Bread Garlic Knots
To embark on this delectable adventure, let's gather the essential ingredients that make my easy monkey bread garlic knots truly unforgettable. The beauty of this recipe lies in its simplicity & versatility, allowing you to whip up a batch even when time is scarce & your pantry is running low. Here's what you'll need:
The Dough: Simply mix flour, baking powder, salt, & yogurt into a dough ball. Ensure the dough is soft, pliable, and ready to transform into delectable garlic knots.
Garlic Butter: A heavenly combination of melted salted butter and minced garlic forms the foundation of the savory coating, infusing each knot with incredible flavor. Don't be shy when adding garlic—the more, the merrier!
Grated Parmesan Cheese: Roll the dough balls in a generous amount of grated Parmesan cheese before baking, adding a delightful nuttiness & depth to each bite.
Herbs & Seasonings: Elevate the taste & aroma of your garlic knots with a medley of chili flakes & parsley. I use Calabrian Chili Flakes because they are milder than normal chili flakes but you can use whatever your heart desires.
To Make This Recipe For Easy Monkey Bread Garlic Knots, You Will Need The Following Ingredients:
- Baking Powder
- Chili Flakes
- Plain Low Fat Yogurt
- Salted Butter
- Grated Parmesan Cheese
- Fresh Parsley
- Pizza sauce for serving
Transforming Dough into Garlicky Bliss: How To Make This Recipe For Easy Monkey Bread
Get ready to unleash the magic as we dive into the creation of these irresistible easy monkey bread garlic knots. Follow these simple steps to transform ordinary dough into extraordinary bites of garlicky goodness:
In a bowl whisk together the flour, baking powder, & salt.
Add the yogurt into the flour & mix until it forms a dough.
Cut the dough ball into 8 even pieces.
Melt down the butter in the microwave & add the garlic into the melted butter.
In a separate bowl mix the parmesan, chili flakes, & parsley.
In an assembly line, roll the pieces of dough into balls, coat them in the butter mixture, then toss them in the parmesan mixture until fully coated. Repeat with each ball & place them in a microwave safe bowl/mug.
Fill up the mug/bowl with the knots & microwave on high for 1 minute & 30 seconds & then enjoy! Serve with pizza sauce.
Also Check Out These Yummy Bread Recipes:
Whether you slice it into wedges so you can see all of the beautiful ripples of chai cinnamon sugar running through or you pick it apart with your fingers the old fashioned way, you are going to love this apple chai monkey bread!
The best recipe for leftover bananas is making a banana bread, but have you ever made a honey chocolate banana bread? Here's your chance. Moist, fluffy, & packed with the most amazing flavors you'll ever taste. A true trifecta of flavors, this recipe comes together in just one bowl.
This Zucchini Bread with Maple Glaze is a winner! Picture this - warm, buttery, zucchini bread spiced with cinnamon & nutmeg and then topped with a rich maple glaze. Candied walnuts for texture & crunch! This quick, easy, & moist bread is perfect for breakfast but can double as a dessert.
Get ready to indulge in a flavor explosion as you bite into these soft, garlic-infused knots. The aromatic blend of garlic, herbs, & cheese will have you savoring every delicious moment.Print
For the dough:
- ½ cup flour
- ¾ tsp. baking powder
- ¼ tsp. salt
- 4 tbsp low fat plain yogurt
For the butter mixture:
- 2 tbsp. salted butter, melted
- 1 large garlic clove, minced or grated
This part of the recipe is completely up to your preferences, here is how I do it --
- 2 parts grated parmesan cheese (roughly ⅓ cup)
- 1 part chili flakes
- 1 park freshly chopped parsley
- Pizza sauce *optional*
- In a bowl whisk together the flour, baking powder, & salt.
- Add the yogurt into the flour & mix until it forms a dough.
- Cut the dough ball into 8 even pieces.
- Melt down the butter in the microwave & add the garlic into the melted butter.
- In a separate bowl mix the parmesan, chili flakes, & parsley.
- In an assembly line, roll the pieces of dough into balls, coat them in the butter mixture, then toss them in the parmesan mixture until fully coated. Repeat with each ball & place them in a microwave safe bowl/mug.
- Fill up the mug/bowl with the knots & microwave on high for 1 minute & 30 seconds & then enjoy! Serve with pizza sauce.
- Prep Time: 5 minutes
- Cook Time: 1 minute & 30 seconds
- Category: 15 minute recipes
- Method: microwave
- Cuisine: American
Keywords: Recipe For Easy Monkey Bread