- 1 4oz package of buttery homestyle instant Idahoan Mashed Potatoes
- Water *see notes*
- 2-4 cloves of garlic, depending on preference
- 1/4 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 1/4 cup sour cream
- 2.5 tbsp. milk
- 4 tbsp. butter (3 tbsp. for garlic butter, 1 tbsp. for serving)
- Salt and pepper
- 2 tsp. fresh thyme
- 2 tsp. fresh rosemary
- In a pan, heat water until it comes to a boil. In a separate pan, melt the butter and add the garlic. Cook until the garlic is fragrant, about 30–40 seconds.
- When the water is boiling, add the instant potatoes and whisk until they fluff up into mashed potatoes.
- Once the mashed potatoes are fully combined, add in all of the garlic and the butter. Mix until the garlic is fully combined.
- Mix in the cheese, milk, sour cream, salt, pepper, and herbs. Top with more fresh herbs and a piece of butter. Serve and enjoy!
* water measurement is based on the cooking instructions from the mashed potato package
- Prep Time: 3 minutes
- Cook Time: 7 minutes
- Category: easy
- Method: skillet
- Cuisine: American
Keywords: Garlicky Mashed Potatoes