Pancakes are one of my favorite breakfast staples, but I rarely have the time to wait for a skillet to heat up, measure out ingredients, and wait for the perfect flip. Thankfully, this pancake in a mug offer a quick and convenient solution for all of my busy mornings. Wanna know the best part? They are just as delicious as regular pancakes!
- The Perfect Pancake For One!
- Endless Toppings
- How To Make Pancakes In A Mug - Complete How-To Guide
- How To Make Pancakes In A Mug - Step-By-Step
- Tips for the Perfect Pancakes In A Mug:
- Bulk Dry Ingredient Mix:
- Other Mug Cake Recipes To Try:
- your new favorite banana bread mug cake
- how to make a cinnamon roll in the microwave with instant mashed potatoes
- easy 5-ingredient recipe for chocolate mug cake
- single-serving gluten free chocolate chip mug cookie
- How To Make Pancakes In A Mug
The Perfect Pancake For One!
This microwave pancake in a mug is the perfect portion for one person and will be ready in just a few minutes.
All you need is a mug, some simple ingredients, and a microwave. This recipe is also great for those who live in small apartments or dorm rooms without access to a stove.
Now, we all know that toppings can take your pancakes to a new level, so let's talk about some of my favorite combos:
- Maple Syrup
- Mixed Berries
- Blueberries & Bananas
- Bananas & Strawberries
- Strawberries & Nutella
- Whipped Cream & Chocolate Syrup
- Banana & Chai Cinnamon Sugar
- Peanut Butter, Honey, & Cinnamon
- Chocolate Chips
I mean this list can go on & on!! Top your pancake however you would like, be sure to share your favorite topping combo with me!!
How To Make Pancakes In A Mug - Complete How-To Guide
When it’s breakfast time but you’re short on time, pancakes in a mug are a lifesaver, & tastes like heaven!
- Whole Milk
- Baking Powder
- Canola Oil
- Vanilla Extract
- Blueberries *optional*
See recipe card for quantities
How To Make Pancakes In A Mug - Step-By-Step
In a microwave-safe mug, whisk together the dry ingredients.
Now add all the wet ingredients & whisk until fully combined. The batter should be runny with no lumps.
If you want to add blueberries (or other fruits), now is the time! Fold the fruit into your batter.
Microwave on high for 1 minute & 30 seconds. Serve immediately with your choice of toppings & enjoy!
Tips for the Perfect Pancakes In A Mug:
- Use a large mug to prevent batter from overflowing during cooking.
- Try making this recipe with different types of milk, such as almond milk or oat milk, to find your preferred taste and texture.
- Add in different mix-ins, such as chocolate chips, fruit, or nuts, for a tasty twist on classic pancakes.
Bulk Dry Ingredient Mix:
For even faster preparation, make a bulk mix of the dry ingredients and store in an airtight container.
When a pancake in a mug craving hits, add in the wet ingredients and microwave for a quick and easy breakfast.
Here is the recipe for the bulk dry mix:
- 2 ½ cup flour
- ½ cup + 2 tablespoon sugar
- 5 teaspoon baking powder
Making Pancakes In A Mug From Bulk Dry Mix:
Measure ½ cup into a microwave safe mug & add a pinch of salt. Continue following the original recipe for wet ingredients & cook times.
This dry mix recipe will make 10 pancakes in a mug & can be stored for up to 6 months!
Other Mug Cake Recipes To Try:
Not sure about you, but I love banana bread but not the effort required to make it. So, I made this delicious banana bread mug cake recipe!
This is my favorite cinnamon roll in the microwave recipe! It has layers of delicious dough, cinnamon yumminess, & cream cheese frosting!
This single-serving dessert cake will satisfy your chocolate craving with just one bite. Not only does it taste like heaven, but it kinda looks like it too!
This gluten-free chocolate chip mug cookie is just what you’d want in a chocolate chip cookie: chewy, crispy bits, and full of flavor. This gluten-free mug cookie recipe from our friend Tina is ready in just 5 minutes!
Pancakes in a mug offer a quick and easy solution for busy mornings. With just a few ingredients and a microwave, you can enjoy a hot and delicious breakfast in just a few minutes. Try out this recipe and experiment with different mix-ins and toppings for a customized breakfast experience. Happy cooking!Print
- ¼ cup flour
- ½ tsp. baking powder
- 1 tbsp. sugar
- Pinch of salt
- 3 tbsp. whole milk
- 1 tbsp. canola oil
- 1 tsp. vanilla extract
- In a microwave safe mug, whisk together the dry ingredients.
- Now add all the wet ingredients & whisk until fully combined. The batter should be runny with no lumps.
- If you want to add blueberries (or other fruits) now is the time! Add your fruit in & fold the batter.
- Microwave on high for 1 minutes & 30 seconds. Serve immediately with your choice of toppings & enjoy!
You can add as much or as little fruit as you would like!
- Prep Time: 4 minutes
- Cook Time: 1 min. 30 secs.