The Midori Sour is a classic cocktail that has been enjoyed for decades. It is a refreshing and sweet drink that is perfect for warm weather or a night out with friends. So if you are looking to be at the top of everyones list this summer, make sure to serve this Midori Sour Recipe!
- What is a Midori Sour Cocktail?
- What Does the Midori Sour Cocktail Taste Like?
- What Color is the Midori Sour Cocktail?
- What Liquor is Used in the Midori Sour?
- The Modern Spin On This Midori Sour
- How To Make The Best Modern Midori Sour Recipe
- Other Cocktails From Dinner Cult
- a super easy recipe for blue hawaii
- easy cocktails with vodka: birthday cake martini!
- the best valentines cocktail: pomegranate ginger fizz
- Also Check Out
- fresh cherry limeade cocktail
- raspberry frosé: rosé wine slush recipe
- The Best Modern Midori Sour Recipe
What is a Midori Sour Cocktail?
A Midori Sour is a cocktail made with Midori liqueur, lemon juice, tonic water, & a sweetener such as simple syrup or sour mix.
The cocktail was first introduced in the 1970s when Midori, a melon-flavored liqueur, was first launched. The Midori Sour quickly became popular due to its unique taste and bright green color.
What Does the Midori Sour Cocktail Taste Like?
The Midori Sour is a sweet and tangy cocktail that is perfect for those who enjoy fruity drinks.
The Midori liqueur adds a distinct melon flavor, while the lemon juice provides a sour kick. The sweetener balances out the sourness, creating a perfectly balanced cocktail.
What Color is the Midori Sour Cocktail?
The Midori Sour is known for its vibrant green color, thanks to the green Midori liqueur that is used in the cocktail.
The green color makes it a popular choice for those looking for a festive and eye-catching cocktail, especially for St. Patrick's Day!
What Liquor is Used in the Midori Sour?
The key ingredient in the Midori Sour is the Midori liqueur. This liqueur is made from a blend of Japanese melons, primarily musk melon. It has a sweet, fruity flavor that pairs well with the tartness of lemon juice.
The Modern Spin On This Midori Sour
This midori sour recipe only has a few changes, that still give you that classic taste!
I replaced the tonic water with sprite to highlight the fresh lemon & lime juice even more while adding a sweet and bubbly twist!
Green Apple Jolly Ranchers:
The use of the jolly ranchers around the rim is 100% optional, although I strongly recommend it! They bring another level of sweetness & a slight sourness to top the whole drink off perfectly!
How To Make The Best Modern Midori Sour Recipe
To create the best modern Midori Sour recipe, we will be adding Sprite instead of tonic water and rimming the glasses with crushed green apple Jolly Ranchers. This will give the cocktail a sweet and tangy twist that is sure to be a hit at any party.
- Midori Liqueur
- Fresh lemon juice
- Fresh lime juice
- Sour mix
- Crushed green apple Jolly Ranchers
Begin by rimming your glass with crushed green apple Jolly Ranchers. To do this, place the Jolly Ranchers in a plastic bag and crush them using a rolling pin. Dip the rim of the glass in honey, and then dip it into the crushed Jolly Ranchers until the rim is coated.
In a shaker, combine the Midori liqueur, fresh lemon & lime juice, and simple syrup or sour mix. Add ice and shake vigorously for about 20 seconds.
Strain the mixture into the prepared glass filled with ice. Top off the cocktail with Sprite.
Other Cocktails From Dinner Cult
If you're looking for a delicious and refreshing tropical cocktail, this easy recipe for Blue Hawaii is an excellent choice!
My Birthday Cake Martini is practically a boozy slice of cake in a glass!
White chocolate liqueur, cake vodka, cream of coconut, and half-and-half are the ingredients in this deliciously sweet cake-tini.
The pomegranate provides a sweet and tart taste, while the coconut rum brings a tropical touch. The ginger beer gives the drink a slight spiciness and provides the fizz, while the grenadine adds a touch of sweetness. All of these flavors complement each other perfectly, creating a balanced and delicious drink.
Also Check Out
This Fresh Cherry Limeade Cocktail recipe is the official cocktail of summer, at least it is over here on our patio! Sweet, juicy Brook's cherries, chunky lime wedges, coconut rum, and a splash of simple syrup make for an incredibly nostalgic flavor combination that is dangerously easy to sip!
Raspberry Frosé is a refreshing wine slush cocktail made with raspberries, peach and rose wine. Make it two ways: in a blender or an ice cream machine!
- 1 ounce Midori
- 1 ounce Vodka
- ½ ounce fresh lemon juice
- ½ ounce fresh lime juice
- 1 can Sprite
- Green Apple Jolly Ranchers finely crushed
- Begin by rimming your glass with crushed green apple Jolly Ranchers. To do this, place the Jolly Ranchers in a plastic bag and crush them using a rolling pin. Dip the rim of the glass in honey, and then dip it into the crushed Jolly Ranchers until the rim is coated.
- In a shaker, combine the Midori liqueur, fresh lemon & lime juice, and simple syrup or sour mix. Add ice and shake vigorously for about 20 seconds.
- Strain the mixture into the prepared glass filled with ice. Top off the cocktail with Sprite.
- Prep Time: 5 minutes
- Cook Time: 2 minutes
- Category: 15 minute recipes
Keywords: The Best Modern Midori Sour Recipe